Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weekly Wednesday Hike

We love our weekly hike with our home school group.  Seriously, sometimes I think this gathering of good friends and nature is what helps me stay sane through my week!!!
This week we went to Castlewood Canyon again.  This state park is very quickly becoming one of my favorite places to hike, it's so beautiful and so diverse.  Today we were lucky to have a guided hike set up by one of the dads in our group who had taken a guided hike with Ron the park ranger before and thought he would be awesome for leading our kids.  And he was right!!  Ron was great with the kids and very knowledgeable.   I think we all really enjoyed him.
IMG_4800

Looking at owl pellets(or as Gracie said “what the owls puke up”).

IMG_4803

I think this was Ron showing them a flower.

IMG_4806 

The group on the rim of the canyon.

IMG_4808

Sweet little waterfall.  There were neat little pools all going down into the canyon from here, it was so pretty!

IMG_4813

Beautiful wildflowers.

IMG_4816

Gracie and her buddy Payge, both looking precious in pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment